Sunday, February 14, 2010

Reactions - Alejandra

I struggled understanding how language develops through interactions with the environment. I can see the beginning stages of how a baby develops language through modeling and interacting of the parent. I can see how positive and negative reinforcement can help children associate correct usage of words. However, he missed, in my opinion, the point of the development of language structure and grammar and the cognitive development of language and its structure. I feel the theory works up to a certain point in language development.

I feel that perhaps more attention should be focused on verbal behavior in regards to language. There should be more studies done to support research and findings to make a connection in not only learning by interacting with the environment but how does it affect the cognitive process. What is the brain doing as it is learning language through behavior?

No comments:

Post a Comment